A fresh salad bursting with fall flavor—crisp apples, honey-roasted nuts, rotisserie chicken, gorgonzola cheese and fruity balsamic vinaigrette. Apple Chicken Harvest Salad feels light, but satisfying.
Apple Chicken Harvest Salad
2 rotisserie chicken breasts (skin on or off), chopped in 1/2-inch pieces
3-4 gala apples, cored and diced (can also use fuji, jonagold, honeycrisp, or any you like)
1/4 red onion, sliced thin
3.5 oz honey roasted walnuts or pecans (about 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup dried cherries, chopped
5-oz baby greens mix (spinach, arugula, kale, swiss chard, etc)
5-oz crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I like to use cherry, pomegranate or blackberry flavored)*
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Place all balsamic vinaigrette ingredients together in a small jar and shake vigorously (or a whisk in a bowl) until smooth.
- Combine all the salad ingredients together in a bowl and toss with the balsamic vinaigrette.
- For an extra zing, I like to add a little white balsamic to the dressing as well. Not necessary, but nice if you like a strong dressing.
- You can use warm or cold chicken. If you’re using cold, I recommend cutting it while warm and then chilling.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Apple Chicken Harvest Salad