Not eating breakfast is the worst. Don’t do that.
Instead, check out this video for serial breakfast-skippers—a little breakfast before bed, if you will.
Fresh, fruity and filling, this super-easy way to get breakfast ready before you even hit the pillow is a tangy energy-booster.
Try it out and let me know what you think!Print
An easy, hearty, make-ahead breakfast that will satisfy your sweet tooth without going overboard on sugar. Healthy fats and cherries make this creamy breakfast a great way to get a burst of energy right after you roll out of bed.
- 14-oz can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup chia seeds, divided in half
- 2 Tablespoons honey, divided in half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided in half
- 2 teaspoons almond extract, divided in half
- 12–16 pitted sweet cherries (I use frozen)
- Two 1-pint mason jars
- Immersion (stick) blender (a regular blender will work too*)
- Split the can of coconut milk evenly between two 1-pint mason jars (this doesn’t need to be perfect).
- Add half of all the remaining ingredients to each jar.
- Place your immersion blender into the jar, and cover the mouth of the jar with paper towels to prevent splatter. Pulse several times until your mixture is dark pink/purple and cherries are well blended. This should only take a few seconds.
- Carefully remove the blender, pushing the mixture off of it and back into the jar with the paper towel as you go.
- Screw on the lids, shake for good measure, and leave in the refrigerator overnight or at least two hours.
*If you don’t have an immersion blender, just pour all ingredients in a regular blender and pulse for a few seconds until smooth, then pour into jars. I prefer the immersion blender because this method leaves a lot of valuable liquid and seeds on the sides of the blender (okay, also because it looks cooler). Just be certain to scrape as much as possible out of the blender when you pour.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American