Juicy chicken leg quarters with crispy skin, sweet black raspberry glaze and a kick. Great served hot, or chilled for picnics.
For the chicken legs
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 1 Tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Place an oven rack in the middle position and preheat to 375º F.
- Cover a pan in foil and place a wire rack on top.
- Mix together the salt and all of the spices, then coat the chicken with them, making sure to rub some under the skin.
- Place the chicken on the rack, skin side up, and drizzle with the olive oil. Bake, uncovered, for one hour.
- Meanwhile, whisk together all the ingredients for the black raspberry glaze and set aside.
- After the hour is up, turn the heat up to 400º F and bake for 15 more minutes until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the chicken reaches 165º F.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes, then brush generously with the black raspberry glaze. Drizzle any extra over the chicken.
- Serve warm while the skin is still crispy, or refrigerate until cold (see note).
- If you’re transporting the chicken, use a cooler or an insulated bag with an ice pack. It’s great served cold, but you don’t want the temperature to fluctuate.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken, chicken leg quarters, chicken legs, glazed chicken, black raspberry chicken, berry glazed chicken