A fresh and simple pasta in a light tomato sauce with garlic, kalamata olives and cannellini beans. A true 20-minute meal made with pantry staples, and you can customize it based on what you have.
- 1 lb bucatini (can use spaghetti or other pasta)
- 14-oz can reduced sodium cannellini or other white beans
- 14-oz can whole peeled tomatoes*
- 1/2 cup halved kalamata olives in brine*
- 1 teaspoon sliced garlic*
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil*
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more*
- Black pepper to taste*
- 8-oz can of tomato sauce
- Optional: a handful of spinach or other leafy greens
*If you are making this with Whitefish in Tomato Sauce with Olives, don’t use the starred ingredients! Just start with the sauce you reserved an add the unstarred ingredients.
- Hand-crush the tomatoes into a bowl and add the juice from the can, the garlic, olives, oil, oregano, salt and pepper and stir (you can skip this step if you have sauce from Whitefish in Tomato Sauce with Olives).
- Cook the pasta to al dente according to package instructions (can be done while the fish bakes). Drain and leave in the colander.
- In the same pot, heat the oil and sauté the beans until warmed through.
- Add the sauce you made plus the can of tomato sauce, and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the pasta, then the spinach, if using.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- You can find a quick tutorial on hand-crushing tomatoes in the post for Whitefish in Tomato Sauce with Olives if you need it!
- Cook time doesn’t include the time it takes to get the water to boil.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Bucatini with tomatoes olives and white beans, bucatini with tomato sauce, tomato sauce with olives and white beans