A fresh and simple pasta in a light tomato sauce with garlic, kalamata olives and cannellini beans. A true 20-minute meal made with pantry staples, and you can customize it based on what you have.
- 1 lb bucatini (can use spaghetti or other pasta)
- 14-oz can reduced sodium cannellini or other white beans
- 14-oz can whole peeled tomatoes*
- 1/2 cup halved kalamata olives in brine*
- 1 teaspoon sliced garlic*
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil*
- 1 teaspoons dried oregano*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more*
- Black pepper to taste*
- 8-oz can of tomato sauce
- Optional: a handful of spinach or other leafy greens
*If you are making this with Whitefish in Tomato Sauce with Olives, don’t use the starred ingredients! Just start with the sauce you reserved an add the unstarred ingredients.
- You can find a quick tutorial on hand-crushing tomatoes in the post for Whitefish in Tomato Sauce with Olives if you need it!
- Cook time doesn’t include the time it takes to get the water to boil.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Bucatini with tomatoes olives and white beans, bucatini with tomato sauce, tomato sauce with olives and white beans