These easy crispy roasted green beans are crisp on the ends and soft in the middle. Perfect for low-key weeknights or a simple side for a feast.
- 12-oz bag fresh (snipped) green beans
- About 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Lay out the green beans and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper as evenly as possible.
- Toss, lightly to coat, and arrange in a single layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- You can double this recipe, but the more green beans you use, the less crisp the result (see notes post above: roast, don’t steam).
- Make ahead tip: Sometimes in the morning of busy cooking days I’ll go ahead and put all the ingredients in a bag, shake them up and store them in the fridge so I just have to preheat and throw them on the sheet. I wouldn’t do this any earlier though to avoid soggy beans.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Sides
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Crispy Roasted Green Beans