Gooey, nutty melted brie and tangy-sweet cranberry sauce stuffed in a crispy, golden-brown puff pastry crust. Rosemary and orange notes and a topping of sugar and pecans makes this a perfect holiday party appetizer.
- 12-oz fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- Juice of 1 orange
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely minced rosemary
- 2 sprigs rosemary, wrapped and tied in cheesecloth
- A pinch of nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 400º F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly-floured surface, roll out the thawed puff pastry sheet to about 15×15 inches.
- Place brie (including rind) in the center of the puff pastry sheet.
- Spoon the cooled cranberry sauce on top of the brie, leaving about 1/2 inch uncovered around the edges. It should be about 1/2-3/4 inch high. You may need to use more or less depending on how wide the brie is and how much you like—use your own judgement here.
- Pull up the corners of the puff pastry sheet to meet in the middle, and twist together so that it stays and any excess is sealed together at the top, like twisting a knob. Press down any folds that form so the cranberry sauce and brie are well sealed. Transfer to the baking sheetUsing a pastry brush, lightly brush the egg over the pastry to cover.
- Place the pastry in the oven and bake for 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle sugar (and pecans, if using) over the pastry and bake another 5 minutes, until golden brown on top.
- Garnish with rosemary if desired, and serve warm.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: holiday stuffed baked brie with rosemary-infused cranberry sauce, baked brie, stuffed baked brie, cranberry baked brie, party food, brie, cranberry sauce