One of the easiest recipes in history, Italian roast beef is a tangy, hearty, crowd-pleasing dinner you can throw together in minutes. The tender beef falls apart even if you shred it with a spoon. It also keeps well in the refrigerator if you’re cooking for smaller numbers.
- 3–4 lbs bottom round (rump) roast
- 16-oz jar of Italian giardiniera, packed in vinegar
- 16-oz jar of mild pepper rings
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed and peeled
- Bread of choice for serving (I recommend Italian hoagie rolls or toledo rolls)
- Place beef roast in the center of your slow-cooker and add the garlic cloves.
- Pour a jar of Italian giardiniera (including the juice) over the roast
- Drain off half of the juice from the pepper rings and discard it. Pour the rest of the jar’s contents over the roast.
- Put the lid on, set the slow-cooker to low and cook for 10 hours.
- Remove from heat, shred with two forks. Drain off excess juice—and save it!
- Serve warm on rolls of your choice.
- To take it to the next level of comforting deliciousness, serve it with little cups of the juice for dipping. You could even reduce it on the stove for even more bold flavor.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Slowcooking
- Cuisine: Italian American
Keywords: slow cooker italian roast beef, italian roast beef, slowcooker roast beef, slowcooker beef recipes