For the salad
- 5 oz mixed greens of choice (I used baby arugula, kale and chard)
- 5 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 portobello mushroom, scooped and sliced
- 1 red onion
- 2-3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1 ½ teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- ½ teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 cup quinoa cooked in chicken broth (or veggie broth)
- 1 avocado, scooped out in bite-sized chunks
- 1 lb baked simple chicken tenderloins, sliced (see below)
- ½-¾ cup apple cider vinaigrette (see below) or vinaigrette of choice
- Optional: Softened goat cheese
For the chicken
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried cumin
- 2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
For the apple cider vinaigrette (makes about 2 cups)
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon Italian spices
- ½ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1-2 Tablespoons honey
To make the salad
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Place tomatoes, zucchini slices and mushroom slices on the sheet, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Halve red onion, then slice. Place on a sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle with 1-2 TBSPS olive oil, then wrap the onion tightly in the foil.
- Bake both veggies and onion for 12 minutes, checking halfway through. If they’re dry, stir them around a bit with tongs and add more oil if necessary. If onion is fork-tender after 12 minutes, leave in for an additional five minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine roasted veggies, cucumber, quinoa, avocado, chicken and vinaigrette. Toss lightly to combine.
- Serve over a scoop of softened goat cheese.
To make the chicken
- Preheat oven to 400°F, and line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil
- Combine salt, pepper, dried basil, cumin and thyme in a small bowl and stir with a fork to combine.
- Place tenderloins on the foil about one inch apart.
- Spread seasoning mix evenly on top of chicken, then drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cooked throughout, flipping tenderloins over halfway through.
- Allow to rest on a cutting board for five minutes before cutting or serving.
To make the apple cider vinaigrette (makes about 2 cups)
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and whisk.
- Allow to sit at least 10 minutes for flavors to marry (optional).
- Use to dress your favorite salad.